The intention with this PhD course is to bring together researchers and PhD students from the Nordic countries, China or elsewhere, who share research interests in gender and generational relations, and processes and conceptions of modernization and individualization. The empirical field of study can be either the Nordic countries or China - or both. It is not a condition that participants know about both contexts, but they must find it interesting to compare perspectives and findings. What can we learn about and from each other, and what can we learn about ourselves from looking with other(s') eyes? The participants are invited to take part in a mutual exchange of knowledge and a dialogue on what processes and concepts of modernization, individualization and feminism may entail in different contexts.
Time: 19-21 May 2015
Place: Nordic Centre, Fudan University in Shanghai
Application: By 1 March, 2015
* The Sino-Nordic Women and Gender Studies Conferences
* The Nordic Centre at Fudan University
* The Nordic Institute of Asia Studies (NIAS) at Copenhagen University
* The Centre for Gender Research at the University of Oslo
- in cooperation with researchers from the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CASS), Fudan University, the University of Copenhagen, Aalborg University, the University of Southern Denmark, the Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), the University in Nordland and the University of Oslo.
For more information about the course programme, practicalities, and application procedure, please visit University of Oslo´s website