Nordic afternoon featuring contemporary cultural presentations and talk by the Secretary-General of the Nordic Council of Ministers, Mr. Dagfinn Høybråten, plus reception. Open to all, free admission. For location please see this route to Nordic Centre from Handan Road.
Get a peek into contemporary Nordic culture – and the social model that underlies it – in an afternoon filled with exciting presentations, networking and mingling between Chinese and Nords, and delicious Danish delicacies, food and drink, for free.
Also, we are screening some street interviews we did with regular Shanghaiers on their impressions of the Nordic Region, Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, and Sweden.
15:30 Showcase of Nordic culture and society
- Nordic Impressions': street interviews with regular Chinese citizens
- Fiction reading by Danish author Mathilde Walter Clark
- Preview of 'Iceland: World Cinema Destination', series on CCTV6
- Fudan University through the eyes of a Finnish journalist, presented by journalist and scholar Antti Järvi
- Turn Hate into a Mate: Talk on turning challenges into opportunities by Jesper Larsson, concept developer for Tomorrow Shanghai
- Music by Design: A Sino-Nordic music collaboration, presented by Consul Siri Borgen, No. Consulate
Thanks to the Shanghai Consulates of Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden, and the Embassy of Iceland in Beijing, for providing the above programme features, and to the Nordic Council of Minister for funding the street interview video.
16:30 The Nordic Model: History and Future. Talk by Dagfinn Høybråten, Secretary-General of the Nordic Council of Ministers, including questions-and-answers session
17:15 Reception with Danish smørrebrød and other Nordic delicacies and refreshments
Sponsored by the Nordic Council of Ministers, which has also funded our new Nordic Wall
Chaired by Magnus Jorem, programme manager of Nordic Centre
Note: For those arriving by a private car that needs to enter campus, please send your license plate number with names of those arriving to firstname.lastname@example.org before 2 PM on Thursday, May 26.